Friday, January 8, 2010

Inspiring Thoughts from Picasso (click to enlarge)




I'm still loving the Art Journal class I'm taking, which focuses on a different "Master Artist" each week. This week is Picasso, and I made this page to capture a very cool quote from Picasso:  "Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working."  Picasso was clearly a workaholic.  He produced 250,000 pieces of art and reportedly holds the Guiness World Record for most art created by a single artists! That's a bit much, but I do believe that you need to put some time into your studio for inspiration to find you.  I've been working in my art journal almost every day this week and played 3-4 times last week, but that's unusual for me.  I bought these art journals for this class, and only worked sporadically in my previous journal. So, this is all new to me.  I'm glad I'm finding time this week to "work," and I really do feel like inspiration has been finding me. Have you been finding time to create now that the holidays are over?

7 comments:

humel said...

Fab quotation, and stunning page :-) I'm doing more planning that actual creating right now - reading through some class notes, preparing sketches for future layouts, and such like - but I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms so will have to make something SOON!! xx

Lizzie said...

I love that Picasso quote. He was quite a driven sort of person. Mind you, he had lots of time to create all that art - he was pretty old when he died and still making art to the end! Still, he was right -you can't be caught by inspiration if you are not in the right frame of mind!
That said, I had a pretty flat period over Christmas - what a surprise! Also, sorting out my new workroom has had its ups and downs.
However, I'm trying to get back to "Normal" now - hence the book and tutorial, card making etc
I really want to get my teeth into some bigger projects. So much to do....

Sian said...

Gorgeous shade of aqua..this sounds like an amazing class Rinda. I haven't been able to grab as much time for making stuff as I would have liked..but then this time last year I wasn't trying to make time to blog as well!

scrappyjacky said...

An interesting quote....and I had no idea he made so many pieces....is that virtually 4 a day of his adult life....maths isn't my strong point!!!
Love the colours you are using here.....the class you are doing sounds fascinating.

Abi said...

Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog! I love this art journal, it's so original and must be great fun to make. I never knew that about picasso! It's very impressive, makes me want to get down and make more LO's ha ha! Thanks for sharing xx

Amy said...

More gorgeous, gorgeous colours!
Still on holidays - it is hard to find the time lately - I'm just taking lots of photos and viewing the gorgeous blogs of my friends!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful page!