Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Adventure in Paris (SCD Twinchie)

Birthday month continues over at "Something Completely Different," as does their celebration of twinchies.  This week's subject is Paris.  This tiny (2"x2") bit or artwork features some images off a collage sheet I made of photographs I took in Paris.  The Notre Dame gargoyle is matted on plaster spritzed with Adirondack Color Wash (just like the other two SCD twinchies I made this month, here and here).  I have one more square of plaster left which I'll use for their call next week.  I wonder what the subject will be . . . 

14 comments:

Sian said...

I wonder..I think it makes the perfect background for the gargoyle.

debs14 said...

First of all I look at this and think it's a great piece of art. Then I realise it is only 2" square - how do you manage this?!!! The aged feel of the plaster square goes so well with the gargoyle and gives a real taste of the 'shabby chic' of Paris.

Amy said...

I agree with Deb and Sian - the plaster is perfect for the gargoyle, and the fact that this is such a tiny canvas altogether ... amazing!

scrappyjacky said...

I just can't imagine how you get so much on something so tiny....amazing.

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gargoyle!!!

Mariana

Denise said...

It's lovely and the background is perfect for the Gargoyle and even more amazing that it's so small !

humel said...

Another fab Twinchie, Rinda :-) The plaster is the perfect mat for the gargoyle xx

helena said...

love gargoyles - fantastic that you can use your own images for the collages

Connie Lutz said...

Great close up of the gargoyle face. Love this twinchie!

Carol Plume said...

what a different take on our Paris theme - great idea!

Thank You for joining us again this week - see you Friday!

laurie said...

i love that you used your own photos for this - makes it that much more unique and personal. how do you remember what you have and where it is??? you must be so organized. :-)

Artyjen said...

Fab photo of the gargoyle...love how you used just the top part of the tower :)
xoxo Sioux

Laura said...

Fantastic imagery. A great Twinchie.Thanks for playing again this week and good luck.

Dawn said...

How great to use your photos, love them..

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn