Thursday, June 9, 2011

May Catch-Up for 2011 Resolutions, Intentions and One Little Word

This year, I've been keeping three journals to keep me on track for my resolutions, intentions, and one little word ("health").  If your click on the "2011 intentions" label below, you can see all my previous posts on the subject. I had planned to post the last weekend each month, and I'd been doing pretty well, until May and the end-of-term madness took over.  So, in the better late than never category, here's my May Catch-Up. For my resolutions journal, I decided to claim victory around all the progress I made on my heritage and genealogy scrapbook.  As for my "one little word" (health), I made serious progress by joining a small group personal training gym that opened just down the road.  I'm getting stronger all the time. My weight is still stuck on a plateau, but in the last five weeks, I've lost 2.5" in my waist and dropped my mile run time from 9:55 to 8:25! It feels really good to be getting back into shape, and I know the weight loss will follow someday.  I'm still contemplating a page for my "Fabulous at Fifty" Intentions journal, but I'll post that when it's done.
Speaking of catch-up, I also did my resolutions page for April, which is about finally getting some of my academic writing done.  Here it is:
I'll try harder to be on the ball at the end of June!  So, how are you coming on your intentions, resolutions and one little word for 2011?  

6 comments:

Sian said...

I really like that page and the image of the girls Rinda. It brings up all sorts of thoughts about women's work through time.

Fantastic progress on the waist line.

Cheri said...

Now that I'm learning about art journaling I'm curious Rinda - what type of ink or paint are you using and how do you do your blending?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page; the colors are so lovely. I think the decrease in the waist is as good as any weight loss! Way to go! I was gone the end of April and so I am too months behind in my update for OLW, but I have the notes!

Denise said...

Wow- well done on the shrinking waistline- your art journal pages are beautiful - makes me want to give it a try x

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the work page & congrats on the inches lost!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

My one little word for 2011 is "THINK" and I've really had the opportunity to put it to use. With all the personal changes going on in my life I've had to be mindful of my thoughts and keep them on the positive side or else I'd be a stressed out mess! I love the way you document your word, Rinda, and keep it visible for all of us. xo