Friday, August 5, 2011

A Miro Prayer to St. Francis (art journal page)

I created one more art journal page, in the style of Joan Miro.  It contains a prayer to St. Francis (patron saint of animals) asking to help my dog Gypsy get better. Our little girl is holding steady so far, but she's not regenerating red blood cells the way she should. We keep hoping that the drugs will kick in and we won't end up right back where we started before the emergency transfusion last weekend. Thanks so much for all your good wishes. She really is the sweetest thing and has worked her way into our hearts in a very short time. Sigh.
These art journal pages are very different for me because they contain only hand drawn images. They're pretty primitive representations, but that's Miro's style and something I can manage (not being very talented in the drawing department). I generally tend to rely on collage images for my art journal pages. So, what do you think of these? Do you prefer drawings in art journal pages or other types of images?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favourite one so far - I love the combination of colours you have used.

Sending healing thoughts to Gypsy

Sian said...

Anything interesting! It can be drawn or printed as long as it makes me think

Amy said...

I'm a bit with Sian on this one, but I do really like this style.

We are all thinking of your family and little Gypsy, we are dog people here and can't bear the thought of having to deal with old age or doggie sickness issues ... keep her comfortable and give her hugs :-)

laurie said...

i enjoy drawing in my journal and love to see others do the same - it makes the page so uniquely yours. and i always like to learn about different artists so i plan to read more about joan miro.

much love and positive energy being sent to gypsy. let us know how she is doing.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I like the drawings in this! Hoe Gypsy is doing better!

helena said...

Im with Sian - anything that prompts a response. I like these Miro inspired pieces - I'd still guess they were yours if I saw them on another blog.

Hope Gypsy is rallying

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love your Miro inspired work, Rinda, and your drawings are perfect for this piece. Your poor little Gypsy dog, and you too! I know how upsetting it is to have a sick pet. I'll continue to send love and prayers your way. xo

Irene said...

This journal page has touched my heart. I will keep Gypsy in my prayers.

Aimee Cotton Bogush said...

Maria! Thanks for the lovely postcard. It was such a treat to receive our mixed media collage, Wings. It's beautiful. Thanks, Aimee xoxo

Carola Bartz said...

Since I am very bad at drawing, too, I can understand your feelings about it. However, I think your drawings here look good and they match the page (which is fabulous). The dog is super cute. I sometimes draw in art journal pages, it really depends how I feel and what I want to do.
How's your little dog doing?