Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hello Monday

Hello Monday . . . a meme started by Lisa Leonard
Hello Summer Lull . . . that wonderful time of the season after summer school and graduation activities are over but before we have to start ramping up for the next school year. 
Hello relaxed evenings, stone fruit, watching movies and sleeping late. I love summer.
Hello miscellaneous appointments . . .  the internet expert came out and got everything running, the kids went to the dentists and have no cavities (yea!), I got my eyes checked and have new glasses on their way, a hair cut and facial scheduled for this week, Clara's off to the doctor on Tuesday, and the handyman is coming to take all kinds of junk to the dump tomorrow.
Hello old-fashioned double header . . . Henry and I are going to the Giants game on Tuesday, and we have really sweet seats!
Hello to garage-turned-game room . . . Clara and I finished cleaning it out and have started to fill it with fun stuff (a pool table, a TV for the Wii and nice carpet). I still want to get a dart board and card table. Clara still wants to paint and get a couch. Henry's planning a garage party for Wednesday.
Hello new running buddies for Clara . . . she's been running with the high school cross country team three days a week and really enjoying it.
Hello a return to soccer . . . since Henry plans to go out for a team at University, he's decided he needs to start training again.
Hello to one last color challenge . . . I'm going to make one last Summer of Color post card using the pair of sky blue and orange/red. I'll be posting my creation on Friday. Feel free to join me!
Yes, it's a wonderful time of the year!
What are you saying hello to this week

18 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like a lovely week!

I have work, doctors appointments for the younger one, general after school mayhem and the hum-drum of mid winter life!

Anonymous said...

A busy week but nice work with the games room. I love your simple moment the photo is gorgeous and the colours in the sea so varied and beautiful. How fantastic to see all those seals.

BJ said...

I start my week with a hospital appointment, a nasty procedure which has made me quite down the past few days. I find I am just waiting to get things over with these days, just one thing after another looming hoping for them to pass. Gosh I wish you hadn't asked now. BJ

Lesley G said...

Is that Giants baseball? We can't wait for our visit to the states so we can get a game in :)

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds like the garage and summer are both coming along nicely. Love the idea of a garage warming party ;)

scrappyjacky said...

The games room sounds perfect for teenagers.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A garage turned games room sounds like lots of fun. We could do with one of those when my son has his friends over. I'm not sure where to put them all now they have gotten so big! A busy week here. The last few days of school before the summer break and my last class too.
Those seals in your previous post are an amazing sight!

Karen said...

You have lots of great things planned. Your garage make-over sounds wonderful. Lots of summer entertaining here last week and this week before family commitments take over in August.

mely said...

Hello Maria,

Hope you enjoy Summer to the fullest!

Saludos!

Mely

Lou said...

hello..to summer too! enjoy yourselfs x

Miriam said...

What a lovely week before you. I have a lunch appointment of Friday but absolutely nothing else! I am loving the time to stay out of the sun and play!

Nathalie said...

Sounds like a wonderful lazy summer day :) I really enjoy reading this même in a few places... I don't know if I would be able to make it sound as poetic as you do though :)

helena said...

sounds a lovely week, festival season has started here and I have relatives visiting

Unknown said...

yum, yum ... hello to fabulous summer stone fruit. My fav part of the season (hoping that it falls in the budget this summer as I LOVE it)

You have had a very busy summer.

Irene said...

Love a good Dart Tournament. Good that Clare and Henry are keeping busy this summer. Enjoy the party.

alexa said...

Long may those lovely summer feelings last! I am up to my eyes in recovering from more visitors at the weekend and trying to prepare for a three day course :(. Seemed like a good idea at the time!

Beverly said...

By the end of the summer Henry will be asking why ya'll didn't do the garage conversion sooner :) Yay for Clare finding a running group. Do you have another race on your calendar?

Anonymous said...

Your garage/game rooms sounds like a lot of fun.