Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today was a good day

My daughter Clara ran her first cross country meet, and it was a day full of fun, happiness, friendship, and family. 
Plus sweat, ponytails and hair bows!
Clara is second from the left.  She's running on varsity because it turns out she's really fast! 
She came in sixth overall in the Varsity race (out of 82 runners) - not bad for a sophomore competing in her first race ever.  Her whole team did really well. Their top five runners placed in the top eight spots, and they ended up tied for first place.
Paul, Henry and I all went out to watch the meet, and I captured this sweet shot of Clara and her dad talking after the race.  
Today was September 11, a day I will never forget . . . a day of tragedy and heart ache for my country. But, days like this, days when I see a happy girl, a healthy husband and beautiful children give me hope for the future. Because today truly was a good day.

20 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Great captures! I love the shot with Clara's hair and ribbons flying behind her. Cross country was my sport at school, but I was almost always muddy and bedraggled afterwards, not glowing like Clara and her team mates!

Sian said...

Well done to her! She looks so happy and healthy and radiant. A good day, indeed

Karen said...

Good, indeed! Congrats to Clara! I love all your photos today.

Anne said...

Beautiful photo of Clara from profile. You almost can see her hair moving ! xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Really wonderful photos! And congrats to Clara for making varsity!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Such fantastic shots, Rinda. I LOVE the one of Clara and Paul on the grass - awesome!

It's fun to see some girl-sports photos on your blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing more as the season progresses for your girl. :o)

scrappyjacky said...

A good day indeed...it sounds like she's really found something to excel at....love the photos.

Linda said...

Well done Clara and team! Lovely that you had a good day:)

debs14 said...

Well done Clara! What a lovely post, and such fab photos

Amy said...

I love seeing and hearing how Clara is flourishing this year ... second shot is a ripper by the way!

Beverly said...

Indeed a very good day and even better because you acknowledged the blessings :) So excited for Clara and I'm happy that Henry got to see this before he heads north.

Cheri said...

Kudos to Clara! And great shots!

Lesley G said...

A lovely post, well done to your daughter. I love the side view you have captured :)

Miriam said...

So beautiful Rinda, post and pictures. I love the flying hair and ribbons!

Melissa said...

Fantastic photos Rinda - it does look like a good day. I especially like the two of them sitting there together!

Becky said...

Well done Clara and some great photos - love the one of her and her Dad :-)

alexa said...

Many congratulations to Clara and that is a great bunch of photos too. What a way to start her year :). You are rightly proud ...

Missus Wookie said...

A good day indeed - I like the action shots of Clara running and that last shot of her relaxing and having some Dad time is so sweet.

Susanne said...

Oh, I think it rates as a great day. Very nice pic of Dad and Daughter.

Michael5000 said...

That's some very impressive cross-countrying!