Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gratitude on Thanksgiving Day

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. I've been keeping a gratitude list this month. I posted week 1 a while ago, and today seems like a good day to post the rest!
The first few come from when I took a trip to Eugene at the beginning of the month to visit my son Henry in Eugene, Oregon.
6-grateful for an on time flight and a movie theater that serves beer
7 - grateful for a quiet room and comfy bed; grateful for my son's help
8- grateful for a dry place to sit while watching soccer; a hot shower; and a much needed nap
9 - grateful for plans coming together
10 - grateful for a new beginning 
11 - grateful for family
12 - grateful for a walk on the bluffs with Paul and the dogs - sunshine, cool air, beautiful views and exercise 
13 - grateful for upbeat music on the radio and my students 
14 - grateful for signs of progress and a good friend who listens  
15 - grateful for Shanghai soup dumplings and date night with Paul
16 - grateful for a crisp, sunny day; good health; and help from the high school
17- grateful for a full tuition grant and a smile from my daughter
18 - grateful for a friendly stranger with directions and a well-placed in and out burger.
19 - grateful for soccer victories and dinner with an old friend 
20 - grateful to be a soccer mom and the connection it gives me to my boy
21 - grateful for the boys winning the national championship in club soccer, Henry being named to the all tournament team and (most of all) being able to share it all with him.
22 - grateful for a safe trip home and a relaxing afternoon 
23 - grateful to hear Henry's coming home for thanksgiving and that Clara found a school.
24 - grateful for my comfy home and loving husband at the end of a long day.
25 - grateful for my children 
26 - grateful for my brothers and sisters, my parents in heaven and best friends who have become family 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Lots of good things1

Sian said...

It sounds like you had a good one x